2/20/08

Well then..Hump Day Thoughts

So, I was reading my local newspaper this morning to see they have finally released the list of those who were busted on Valentine's Day in this major drug sweep in our county. I'm not sure what upsets me more, the fact that these people are poluting our streets with that filth or the fact that I know quite a few of them...and I'm not surprised.

We still haven't found what we need (furniture wise) for the living room. And it's starting to seriously bum me out. I have the picture of it in my mind, I just can't find it. And I'm hard headed, so she can't talk me into anything else. We're going to look at a few other places today after work maybe we'll get lucky and agree on something.

Because of the intense winds we've been having, a section of the siding on the house has raised up again. Normally this wouldn't upset me, things happen. However my stepfather aka my landlord had "fixed" it a long while ago. Apparently not good enough. And we're still waiting on the light in T's room to be fixed, the porch light to be fixed, the lawn being seeded, the roof on the building to be fixed, the mower's choke to be fixed, the mulch..etc etc. The list could go on and on. I'm going to hurt him. :-)

I thought my cat was dead yesterday. I've had her for 16 or so years...so it wouldn't have surprised me. She had burrowed under T's covers on her bed and at first I couldn't find her but when I did realize where she was, I poked at her a few times. Nothing. I poked her again. Nothing. At this point I was getting upset so I just ripped the covers off the bed and she sat up and looked at me like I'd lost my mind.

I guess I should get to work, so much to do so little time to do it.

Much Love,
K

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Oh my goodness i would have been so upset if your cat had died. I'm glad that didn't happen :)

And don't worry you'll find what you've been searching for...right after you settle for something else!

http://lspoon.wordpress.com

A Margarita said...

Happy Hump Day! I am so jealous you and Miriam have pets. I've threatened to kidnapy her Ozzy and have him live in NYC. Glad the cat's alive.

I'm in the same furniture predicament - I have this vision in my mind, and I know I've seen something like it before but I can't seem to actually find anything to my liking.

cmrpaul said...

I'm so glad your kitty is okay!