2/11/08

Erm..

So as I was trying to relax last night after a fun filled weekend of home repairs. (Please note the sarcasm) I was channel surfing, and I came across TCM (turner classic movies) and do you know what was playing...on TCM? Nightmare before Christmas!! I was excited at first then suddenly I realized, Nightmare before Christmas is on TCM? Since when is that movie considered a classic? So I hit the info button and I see that the movie was made in 1993. Have you ever had that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach? Yeah, exactly how I felt about that moment in time. It has nearly been 15 years since that movie came out. Holy cow. I bet you cringed when you read that one.


So Saturday we decided it was time to try out Tara's new yard toy the almighty leaf blower. Apparently this thing can either blow or suck up the leaves and mulch them. It was awesome!! It took about 2 hours but we got the front yard done. And we realized something as we were working (I was too short to hold the stupid thing so I had to get the sticks out of the piles) there was a clean straight line of leaves between our yard and our neighbor's yard...that S.O.B. had been blowing his leaves into our yard!!!!! I wanted to behead him. Apparently he thought we wouldn't notice. Tara, always the level headed one, said we couldn't prove it and even if we could what could we do about it. Bleh, in the end he did end up getting our mulched up leaves. He actually wanted them for his rental property on the other side of us. So, not only did he get the leaves he also got the sticks too. Moral to this story? There isn't one. Just that I am evil in my own right.

Sunday: Was the day to caulk. The wind was blowing so hard our house was whistling. Not cool. Completely explaining why our gas bill this month was right at $200. Uh yeah, I nearly cried. So as Tara caulked in the kitchen and back porch area, I was on my hands and knees scrubing the floor. I woke up this morning and wanted to die. I'm sure she will feel it when she gets up later today. She had to work part of 2nd and most of 3rd shift last night, so I'm being nice and not waking her up. Although she still has the back yard to suck up the leaves and mulch them. And the bathroom still needs to be caulked before we can paint. :-)

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Much Love,
K

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Heehee, you evil thing you! I did some home stuff this weekend too! You should come over for a margarita and take a look :)

http://lspoon.wordpress.com

cmrpaul said...

I had the same feeling yesterday when Jumanji was on Encore and I was thinking: Man, the CGI looks pretty crappy even though this is still an excellent movie. So I checked out the Info and yeap, 1995. I feel ollllld.