2/12/08

Coldhearted or No?

Yesterday was a typical Monday, my mom had let me know she had gotten me a little something for the holiday I protest every year... Valentine's Day. As we were in the middle of emailing one another trying to decide when to have lunch (We try to do that every few weeks) and suddenly she sent me an email telling me that she had just found out her aunt had died Sunday. Can you see where this is going yet? I gave my sympathy but I really wasn't sure what else to say. I didn't really know her. I know I'm supposed to feel bad about it, but really I'm not. I'm more upset for my grandfather with this being his first sibling passing. He had a close call with his twin who has cancer...which is in remission. And my mom is fairly upset, but she is sort of like I am. I told Mim about it yesterday and asked if I was seriously that coldhearted. I know I can be, but this is completely unintentional. Opinions?


K

2 comments:

Miriam said...

You know what I think :) Just try to be a sympathetic ear for your mom.

http://lspoon.wordpress.com

cmrpaul said...

I don't think it's coldhearted. If someone at work had someone die you would say the same thing. It doesn't matter that it's your great-aunt you don't know. As long as you show some sympathy like you did you're not cold.