1/12/08

What's this? A Saturday post?!

Hiya folks. I figured since I hadn't written in a few days I'd do the unbelievable and write a post on Saturday to give the review of the book I finished on Thursday. I actually didn't start reading the book until Wednesday. (I read extremely fast btw)

I have to say, this book was quite dark and at times slightly disturbing. But it was hard to put it down once I actually got into the storyline. At first I had the same problem I did with 'Wicked', trying to step outside of the story I knew already to understand what he was writing. Many things were the same, there were two stepsisters and the evil step-mother was, in fact, evil. But other than that the book takes you on a dark and twisted but fun ride. It was very entertaining and addictive. I definitely recommend it. :-)

Next up: 'Son of a Witch'...yay! Of course this is after I clean. Also Tara bought the anniversary edition of Labyrinth! So hopefully we'll be able to watch that tonight after the cleaning is finished. We're doing the winter version of spring cleaning. I'm sick of the house being like this. So we're going to fix it. :-D and then I'm going to relax.

Have a great weekend!!!
Much Love,
K

3 comments:

cmrpaul said...

Have FUN with the anniversary edition of Labyrinth. I have the DVD with the greyish segmented cover art and that's in really good shape but the anniversary edition is much sharper and has more saturated color. Like the earlier discs it also has the "Into the Labyrinth" special. It shows the making of the film which is SO cool to watch to see how they did everything. The commentary with Brian Froud and the special features are sooooo killer and definitely worth watching. They provide so much cool info and insight and confirm a lot of things I always suspected but never had hard proof for. ENJOY!

Miriam said...

Do I have another Labrynth Fanatic on my hands? :)


http://lspoon.wordpress.com

Kim said...

Nah, I have only seen it once...and I was like 4. T loves it. And we still haven't watched it yet! Lol.