12/14/07

So very tired...

Ok, I'm spent. I didn't realize how high my stress level actually was until I tried to go to sleep last night. I was so tired, but I still couldn't rest. But there's no use in complaining...not like it does any good, right? I'm just thankful this week is almost over.

Today is my mom's last day at work. She's been working there for nearly 15 years, and she is entirely too stressed about leaving. I went to visit her yesterday after my exam. She gives them too much credit. Her boss (es) are assholes, they treat everyone there like scum. Maybe I'm just protective. But they even treat my step-father as if he is meaningless and not worthy of being in the presence of them (no let me rephrase, one in particular). To make it worse the one that is the bigger snob, has his oldest son working there. He and I practically grew up together (hello...need I reiterate, nearly 15 years) and we've always gotten along, that is until he hit 18, it's like that family is programmed to automatically become stuck-up. I can't stand it. You can have all the money in the world, and still not have love and happiness. And for that my family will have more wealth then those guys could ever imagine.Anyway, I'm proud of my mom staying there as long as she has. She works hard and deserves to finally be able to rest, though if I know my mom she will refuse to rest.

I had sent a text to Dana a few days ago asking what she was doing tonight, I want to go to greensboro to see 3 Day Funk's show. And she tells me Camy is coming in from ND!! Yay!! I love Camy, she is the sweetest person you'll ever meet. I haven't seen her in a couple of years, since the time Dana and I went to Va Beach to see her. So I'm very excited. Maybe I can talk them into going. Lol.

(Have you ever been so tired you can't focus on one subject, just continually jump around? If no, congrats you're seeing into the mind of someone who is doing that)

When I left my mom's work yesterday and went to Flying J for smokes and something to drink, I saw like 5 police cars come barrelling into the parking lot. Apparently someone had tried to steal gas? Since when has that needed 5 cops? Isn't that a little much? It's not like it was a hostage situation.

Want to know how to tell if your house is unlevel? Try putting up a Christmas tree and making it even...I had to use old VHS tapes to even it out. I wish I were kidding.

DAMNIT! I just remembered I forgot to give Scott those ornaments. Crap.

I guess I was finally pushed to my breaking point yesterday with Tara. I just lost it. I came in and she hadn't done ANYTHING...I mean nothing. All she has to do chore wise is do the laundry, dishes and take out the freaking trash. I went insane for a few minutes. And I called her freaking out...bad move on my part. I should have waited until I calmed down a bit. But damn, I understand she is working a lot...but so was I and I still was able to find time to clean the things that needed to be cleaned. (Can you imagine if I hadn't done the litter box? Ew. Or the freaking sinks or toilet? Ugh) She got upset, I felt like an ass. And I made her cry...not purposely, and I don't think it was about cleaning that got her that upset. I think it was when I told her it was time for her to show her ass at work about the conditions they are putting her in. It isn't fair. I love her dearly but I'd be damned if I was work two and a half shifts four to five days in a row and then lay down and not say a word about it killing me. She told me they kept threatening her job because of the outrageous overtime she has, and I asked her if she told them WHY she had the overtime. She said she finally did Tuesday. And still nothing's done about it? Apparently you didn't get mad enough. She said she was tired, and I do not doubt that. I feel horrible for her, but at the same time I don't anymore. She has got to step up and maybe go even higher in the chain than what she is now...this isn't healthy for the residents or herself.

So I'm getting closer to being done with my shopping. (Yay!!) I have four more people...and then I'm done!

Maybe I should have put bullets for all of this random crap...

Anyone have any ideas for a gift for my father? I know he likes golf...and to eat fish? Lol...I'm kind of lost after that.

Yes Scott...I still want the blow up penguin. (had to add that in since I'm being random)

I was listening to Elvis yesterday, isn't it funny how you can tell when he's singing and he does the lip curl thing?

I need to finish cleaning...instead of going anywhere tonight. :-( I don't want to.

Oh and by cleaning I mean pushing all of the misc. stuff that has no where to go into my room. And maybe sweep again.


I just saw where the temperatures are finally falling back down where they are supposed to be. 70 degrees and up is not normal...thank you Global Warming.

Ok I'm done, I need to get ready for work. Not like I care, but I guess they would appreciate it if I at least had some decent clothes on. Lol.

Much Love,
K


2 comments:

Miriam said...

Oh no! You and Tara both have way too much stress. and of course you'll take it out on each other. Dan and I do it too.

And for reals, with the weather.

http://lspoon.wordpress.com

Stubbs said...

Where do you get those Blow up Penguins ... Adam n Eve? hmmm... Kinky