11/30/07

It's Friday!!

Is it just me...or did it seems like this week drug on forever? I guess because of the short week last week it made this week seem even longer than what it normally does. The dogs had to sleep inside the house last night, it was just too cold and even I am not that mean. They have (thankfully) calmed down so much since we moved to this house. All we have to do is lay down a (old) blanket in the middle of the living room floor and they pass out there until the morning. Or until I move from my spot at the laptop, because they seem to think I am going to attack Tara every time I move.
So has anyone else heard about this new movie 'The Golden Compass'? Apparently this movie is causing a huge controversy, they say it is degrading to Christians. It seems the book 'His Dark Materials' that this is based off of has been interpreted as to they must kill God. After I saw the trailer for this movie, I originally thought "Oh what a neat fantasy movie to take all the kids to" but the more I read about this movie the more it seems to concern me. The Catholic League usually raises a stink about movies, so that did not deter my opinion...it seems like if they do not have something to be boycotting, it isn't a good day. However, being that I have not read this series of epic fantasy novels...I can't help but wonder. Is there more to it than they are letting on? They are comparing it to the likes of 'The Chronicles of Narnia', which is interesting to me...I'm apparently missing the connection between the two. And I have read that series, which I still love. If they are looking to connect them off the basis of good vs evil, fine. But I have the suspicion that isn't so, I believe they are comparing it to the fight against the "mighty" queen in Narnia. In that aspect it is no where near the same. She was a queen not a God or "The God". Although looking up the book reviews of 'His Dark Materials' are very good, I still have apprehensions seeing or reading this series now. Anyway, that got a little deeper than I intended...moving on!
Ugh, I may have to work tonight. :-( More than likely I will have to, it's the weekend. I know I have to work tomorrow. Hell, the only thing I really know anything about is the registers. Which would probably explain why they work me during the day, lol. I don't know, it just makes me uncomfortable going up to people and imposing on them like that. And the fact that most of the time we are rejected doesn't help my self-esteem in this. I hate hounding people. And it doesn't help my subconscious when men come in looking for something for their mistresses. WHAT?! And you're freaking proud of yourself? I have half the mind to dial that phone number you just gave me and call your wife and tell her. Bastard. Grr. And the fact that you never really know what your schedule maybe, because you have to call to see if they need you bugs me too. Yeah, I know...if it sucks so bad, quit. But I need the money so I have no choice right now. :-( Even though I haven't really been working that much. Any extra income at this point is great.
Here's some pics of the decorating we've done so far for Christmas...










Yeah, I'm lazy...and we need more ornaments. Eventually I'll get it done. :-)

Off to work!
Much Love,
K

1 comment:

Miriam said...

You want to go to Christmas 365 sometime next week?


http://lspoon.wordpress.com