11/19/07

Eventful Weekend!

Wow, this past weekend was crazy busy.
Saturday:
Tara had worked third shift on Friday night so she wouldn't go to the parade with me. So I had asked Dana if she wanted to go. I met her at her apartment about 9 am...probably a little later than that because for some reason I went on auto-pilot and went straight to work. Bleh. And we walked...yes, freaking walked from her apartment to where another friend lives to sit on her stoop to watch the parade. Never...again. EVER. It was like we were moving targets and people were trying to hit us. Lol. So we finally get situated at the other friends apartment who had left town to avoid this. No, I'm not kidding. And the parade didn't start for another 10 or 15 minutes, so I got bored and started taking a couple of random pics of us and me. Hence the new photo on my blog. Here's a slideshow from the parade. Enjoy :-)




I could have been really evil and added Christmas music to it, but I didn't. So be thankful.

When I got back home, my phone rings. It's hardly ever for me so I didn't even look at the caller ID and just answered it. It was freaking B&BW giving a call back for me to come in Sunday to start training. I had one of those moments of feeling the "YAY!" factor then the "Damnnnit" factor all at the same time. But at least it's only seasonal and I'll be done in January, unless they like me and want to keep me. Which is fine with me, I can use the money. :-)
As soon as I hung up the phone I went into a panic. I do not have anything in the dress code, except the pants. Oh darn...I have to go shopping :-D!! Yay! Lol, sad when you have to actually have reasons to go shopping. Anyway, I went to what felt like a hundred freaking stores until I finally just called Tara and Megan to ask where I could go. I have to get large enough tops...because I'm uh...blessed? Entirely too freaking blessed, if you ask me. And they suggested a few places and I found the black top at one of the places the other I had to go to Commons shopping area for. Have I ever mentioned that I hate that place with a fiery passion. No? Well I do. The traffic sucks, the people suck, and the customer service in every store there...sucks. So I finally find a white top and I headed over to Dana's apartment again. We had made plans earlier to watch Zodiac, which was not as impressive as I would have liked it to be, and order take out. Basically a movie night. It was great.

Sunday: B & BW Day 1
So, I was told by my co-manager that there was a meeting at 9am that I needed to attend. So I showed up. And a few other new hires were there too. Which was great, I didn't feel completely lost by myself. Two hours later, and I wish I were kidding. Everyone else got to leave except the newbies, who had to go into the stockroom and watch those dreaded orientation videos. You know, the ones that make you want to beat your head into the wall. Or in my case the floating shelves. Finally about 12 ish the smoker in me began to threaten to hurt the other people in the room unless we took a break from these videos and I was starving, I should have ate before I went I suppose. So we breaked for lunch and mulled around the new Alamance Crossing shopping center. I treated myself to a soft pretzel (yum) and walked around a bit. I called Tara to ask her to feed the cats because I forgot to before I left, and she answered the phone sounding like 14 frogs were in her throat. Great, she's sick as a dog and we have no lysol in the house whatsoever. So I talked her into taking something that would calm down her symptoms. She has to be careful what she takes, and I really do not feel like coming home to a dead room mate. Not a fun idea.
After our "break" we go back in and finally finish the last three of the eight videos, and then we got to do the fun stuff. Walk around the store trying the products. Yay! And then the co-manager came in for her shift (did I mention that the manager is on vacation right now?) and we were rounded back up into the stock room...which by this time is becoming my most hated area of this place, and finished our paper work. We were supposed to learn the registers but it was entirely too busy to teach 4 newbies the registers, not a good idea. So we all agreed to come back on Tuesday at 6pm. Which gives me at least 2 hours after work to study for this freaking exam on Dec 12. Needless to say my stress level will be doubled these next few weeks so please excuse me if I become, what's a good word...evil?
So wish me good luck on this, hopefully I haven't added too much to my plate.

Much Love,
K

1 comment:

Miriam said...

If I give you monies will you buy me pretty smelling candles with you discount?


I <3 you :)


http://lspoon.wordpress.com