10/5/07

Wohoo! It's Friday!

TGIF!
This morning, I decided to get some breakfast (I'm tired of cereal). And as I was pulling into the k-mart parking lot, the elusive puppy my ENTIRE work place has been trying to catch was sitting in the middle of a parking place. This was the first time I'd actually seen her up close, and she is too freaking cute!! She's brown and black and has one floppy ear and probably weighs all of 2 lbs. I stopped my car and started talking to her, at first she ran away and as I was driving off she started to follow me, so I stopped again and she amazingly walks up to my car and looks at me. (this is amazing because she always runs from everyone when they try to talk or touch her) So I sit there determined to get her to know me, and she walks even closer and puts her paw on my door. But, just as I was letting her sniff my hand the trash guy came up and scared her. I wanted to kill him! For two months we've been trying to get this dog...TWO MONTHS! I'm seriously thinking of coming up here tomorrow and trying to get her. Even though I would be giving her to a co-worker because my landlord would not allow me to have any more pets. (trust me if my mother would...she'd so be mine, I like little dogs not big ones) I should take a picture of her.

Anyway,
So the reason I haven't been able to post this week has been because our office is having a "virtual pandemic avian flu trail run" No I'm not kidding, that's exactly what they said in the email. So I've been the only person in my group "here" with the exception of my boss. So one is on maternity leave and the other has the virtual flu...give me a break! It has been hell on wheels here. And after quitting a few times...next week should be better, or even great if I'm one of the "chosen few" to have the flu...NO PHONE CALLS!! Which leads me to my next grip.

Apparently there are a few people in my company who want me out of here. No, not like a conspiracy...at least I hope not. But they see it as I am 'not able to perform my tasks in a professional and constant level'. Excuse me?So here is my response completely off the record.

May I remind all of you stuck up narcissistic a-holes something? I'm doing two people's jobs, how about cutting me a little slack. I'm sorry if you feel I did not pass the call to the correct person...but maybe if you were at your desk instead of gossiping about whomever is pregnant or not in the department or outside smoking every two minutes, you would have been there to actually pick the call up; or even better the first two times they called and I was able to calm them down enough to get the information and give you the message maybe had you called them back and helped them, they wouldn't have called four hours later even more pissed off.
AND I'm opening the mail for you and stamping it, for some reason it seems your hands are broken and you can't do it yourself...so do not complain to MY boss that I didn't tell you it was in a fedex envelope or priority mailed, it tells you on the letter you received. OH excuse me, I forgot...I'm your servant and I can't read, just to make you feel a bit more intelligent. When in reality I've had more college experience than you...just in a different and more difficult field of study. Considering the "class" for your license is only a WEEK long before you challenge the state test.
Also, I know I can be a rude person, usually I go into that mode on purpose...but do not critique my customer service or telephone etiquette. I am not rude to people on the phone, I am being forceful to let them know their language or what ever it might be will not be tolerated. I promise I've been in higher positions in companies dealing more with customer service that you could not even grovel to get into when I was a lot younger than I am now. So please spare me with your knife in the back tactics and go pretend to be friendly with someone else.

And now...I feel better :-)


Can't decide what to do this weekend, I know I'm going to help Dana get stuff together at her new apartment. But other than that...I think I'm going to decorate for my favorite holiday...Halloween!! :-D

Much Love,
K

1 comment:

Mim said...

Why don't these people understand.. DON'T MESS WITH KIM! Geez...feel better honey.