10/2/07

The computer Gods are angry...and I want to rant!!

We can't get into any programs on our networked computers. Which is awesome and sucks at the same time. Awesome= Because I don't have to work (until they fix it) Sucks= Very unhappy claimants will be calling. :-) Even though technically I still could work without the computer...I'm not! Hehe. Anyway that's not what this post is supposed to be about.

Here's my rant: People...stupid people who file claims

Why, why, why, why, why do people insist on filing a claim for something so dumb? Besides the point they may not have coverage. Read your policy people!! And then they come back, yell at me, who has absolutely NOTHING to do with their claims process like I can magically change the wording and make our company pay for their stupidity. Example: Yesterday I had a call about someones business ruining a homeowners residence (hello hippa and I can't give too much info), I mean they tore the place up. Anyway, the insured calls us and I ask the general questions and begin the claims process, and the person gets angry with me because I am unable to set their claim up...which I could have but my co-worker, whose job that is, was here so I can not do anything with the process...but definitely not after you've been a prick with me during question time, they refused to answer most of the questions and even tried to give me an invalid policy number. Here's some information you should all know...just for the future: As in ANY policy you have on say...a car...there are lists of duties that both we, as the insurance company, and you, as the insured, are supposed to withhold. That's pretty much what a policy is, a written promise between us. [see I've been paying attention in class, :-) ] However (!!!) there is also a list of things to do when a claim does occur; if you neglect to do those things we, as the insurance company, have the right to deny your claim. YOU SIGNED THE AGREEMENT!!!! SO the person from our insureds company tells me they are going to do something about the damage, I gently advised them that they should wait until an adjuster has contacted them before they do anything....per their agreement to us. And their representative went stark raving mad on me! He called me every name in the book...so what did I do? I put on the claim report that he was very irate and would not comply with answer questions regarding the claim that could possibly put us in a suit. Which is ALSO a cause for us to deny coverage. So please keep in the back of your mind when you get hit in your car...and you have to call your insurance company, to be as nice as possible and answer the questions as honestly and as complete as possible...could be the difference between getting paid and getting screwed...
:-) and now...I am happy.

Speaking of cars...
Another rant real quick:
Why do people get into a turn lane 20 miles before they are going to turn OR why do people cut you off and THEN turn? It drives me INSANE! Besides the fact that I have road rage anyway. Tara said I have the worst case she's ever seen. Lol. Ok I'm done...lots of work to do when the systems come up.

Much Love
K

3 comments:

Mim said...

I think you and I tie in the road rage competition.

Anonymous said...

You're right, though. I am glad that you tried to stay as calm and professional as possible...which is tough to do when you get a mental image of a jackass on the other end of the phone.

Which is worse, though? An irate, flying off the handle customer...or someone who is about to loose their shit from being so upset (and trying to calm them down)?

Kim said...

Usually they are both pretty bad, I have both. Lol, it's not a good day until I get cussed out at least 5 times.