2/5/08

Scatterbrained

It seems like my entire mind frame has become complete muck. I'm having the worse time focusing on one thing, and it's completely out of character for me. So please excuse the spastic nature of this post.

I saw a commerical this morning for something called "Castle Carnevale"( http://castlemcculloch.com/) it looked so neat! You get to dress up in middle age clothing and basically party at a "Castle". I went to the site for the event and the first picture you see is this one:













Which of course excited me. I absolutely love the clothing and feel of that time period and anytime I'm able to go to a festival or something of that nature I try to do so. I love masquerade masks and such. And I know I didn't have this blog when I dressed up for Halloween a couple of years ago as Christine from Phantom of the Opera just to be able to make a mask. (Which is now in my shadow box) Something about the mysterious nature of masquerade balls and parties are so appealing to me. It's also very comforting in the same sense. What? That doesn't make sense to you? Well, let me explain. You have always heard the expression of hiding your true self behind virtual masks everyday. In this setting the point is to be someone else for the night. No one will know you, so you can let your inhibitions go and not worry the consequence. (No...this is NOT meant in any sexual way, get the thought out of your head...now!) But for someone like me, who is very reserved it gives the chance to let my hair down so to speak. :-)

My roommate and I have a friend who actually makes garbs for a living, I am thinking about contacting her for a price on borrowing a couple from her. She makes beautiful period clothing, and if I were able to access myspace at work I would share the link, I may update after I get home tonight to do that.

So hopefully my mom and stepdad will be back in town soon. I don't mind taking care of the animals while they're gone, but the gas is killing me. And quite a few people are work were given tickets to tomorrow nights Duke vs Carolina game...and I was not one of them. Irks the bloody hell out of me. I'm a huge Carolina fan and my stepdad is a huge Duke fan. It would have been fun to take him. :-)


Have a great day,
K

2 comments:

Miriam said...

OMG I heard a commercial for the carnivale the other day. I was like "crap, that sounds awesome but I'm sure no one will go with me."

Dude, lets go.

http://lspoon.wordpress.com

A Margarita said...

Awesome! I wish we had Renaissance festivals and such in the city. I LOVE period clothing.