1/18/08

"Don't forget to buy your drinks"

Good Morning all you wonderful people! Why am I so cheery, you may ask. Well that would be because of four reasons:

1. Today is Payday!!!


2. Today is also the Company Party aka the CHRISTMAS party(...still pisses me off I can't call it that)

3. It being the company party means I can drink and eat, for free! And have a chance of winning money!

4. and the fact that I am making Tara come with me means I can drink!! And I have a driver! Wohoo!

So I forwarded an email earlier this week to Mim, it was stating the ground rules for the party. Which were hilarious, because apparently we have a few 'drinkers' that work for the company. At the bottom of the email it reads:
"Remember to keep two things in mind:
Ø Monday morning you will see most of the attendees again, including your boss, so drink responsibly.
Ø Do not Bring Your Own Booze to the party or parking lot. This is verboten. If you or your guest brings alcohol onto ACC premises, you will both be asked to leave."

Wow. Need I say more? I swore we were all adults. After the open bar has closed we now have to purchase drink tickets. Which I would think might be sort of embarrassing to some, who really wants people to know how much they've had to drink? And the prices are crazy:
Beer-$3
Wine/Mixed- $4-6
I didn't get a bonus...but I did have to buy my own drinks! Wohoo what a great company.

Anyway, should be a good time either way. I'll be sure to take pictures to post on here and my myspace page.
Have a fun and safe Friday!

Much Love,
K

2 comments:

Miriam said...

I think it's funny that they positioned the party around your payday and are making you pay for your drinks. Dude, your company is cheap.

http://lspoon.wordpress.com

cmrpaul said...

Ha! Work parties are always weird like that.