11/12/07

In a nutshell

Before I talk about myself, I would just like to say Happy Veterans Day to all those who have put their lives on the line for us and our country. (And thank you Tara) :-) (yeah I know I'm a day late)


My weekend was ok, I suppose. Didn't really do anything...at all. Saturday no one got back to me to go see my friend's band play, and I didn't want to go by myself because I definitely do not drink and drive. And I just wanted to go out, I act like such a hermit sometimes, I'm freaking 23 years old. I guess I would have gone anyway if my room mate could have went, but she had to be at work at 7am, and I couldn't do that to her. Did I mention my father cancelled on me for dinner Saturday? No? Well he did, so Tara took me to Olive Garden (yay!) and I got my favorite soup...ever. We opted to walk around Alamance Crossing http://www.alamancecrossing.com/shop/alamance.nsf/index, and doing so I noticed a sign on the Bath and Body Works door that they were hiring for the holidays, so I went in and got an application. After walking around for about a hour, we decided to rent some movies to cheer me up. At first we rented 300 (which we still haven't watched) and two stand up comedies. May I just say, renting stand up comedies are such rip offs...they do not even last an hour! On Sunday, I finally met up with my father, he made me go to Applebees (yuck) definitely not my favorite. But it was nice to finally see him, I haven't seen or heard from him in three months. After that much to my chagrin I had to go back again to Blockbuster on Sunday and find something else to appease me. And I found one of my new favorite movies...


This has to be the funniest parody of a fairytale I've seen in a while, and it had a lot of big hitters voicing it. And it was really neat how they made it where you can choose to see the Bad or the Good version of it. I also rented Zodiac, I've been wanting to see this for a while now. I may watch it tonight...it might make me paranoid, lol. So around 3 I had to go to my mom's house for this Pampered Chef Cookie Swap thing, I didn't really have any interest in being there. But I promised my mom I would go to support her. After the show part, we all exchanged our cookies and our recipes, mine were not complicated...all you did was make (or buy if your baking isn't the best) sugar cookie mix, then put semi-sweet chocolate in the middle of a ball, bake and sprinkle powered sugar on top. I changed it up a little, instead of just semi-sweet, I added white chocolate and put coconut on a few. (Also, ouch to the loss between the Falcons and the Panthers...just ouch, that sucked) Oh dear Lord..we are not in a shortage of cookies...three ziploc bags and two containers later..geez. I'm going to have to have another tooth pulled after this. But it was actually a lot of fun. Well I suppose I should scoot on to work...but here's some music for monday...
I couldn't find the actual music video but hey this is close enough..


Much Love,

K

No comments: