11/9/07

How much does it suck?

So today's my birthday (wohoo) but I'm still in pain from this extraction, and I just want to know if it's normal...or do I have a dry socket?! I've been told that it's extremely painful, but I wouldn't call it "extreme" pain that I am in. I know it's only been three days...so maybe I'm freaking out prematurely. I also know that if you are on oral contraceptives you have a higher risk of developing them, and the cherry on top is that I smoke. I did smoke a little the first day...give me a freaking break I wasn't even expecting them to pull it. Then I'm thinking, what if my allergies are freaking out? Would that cause pain too? I guess I will just break down and call them to ask. Any opinions out there?

Much Love,

K

5 comments:

Miriam said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! YAY!



http://lspoon.wordpress.com

the fanny said...

Little Spoon sent me! Happy happy birthday! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

I had my wisdom teeth out a few years ago, and I totally sympathize with your pain. I was on codeine, and the beautiful thing was that it was so powerful, I can barely remember those 3 (or 4??) days. Anyways, happy birthday!

Josh Boldman
www.joshboldman.com

cmrpaul said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm so sorry you're in pain on your birthday! I heard smokers are prone to dry socket if they smoke after surgery... Is that the case?

Kim said...

It's true, smokers definitely run a greater risk because the negative force of when we inhale. But I'm happy to say, the pain is starting to wear thin again. Yay! And Thank you guys for the birthday wishes :-)