11/7/07

Holy Crap...

So Monday I was about to eat dinner and suddenly I had a sharp pain in my mouth. My upper right side wisdom tooth to be more precise. So I do what everyone would, I stick my finger in my mouth to see why this pain was happening. I didn't feel anything but when I looked at my finger I had shards of tooth on my finger. I immediately called my dentist and they called me back yesterday morning for an appt at 3 yesterday afternoon. So as I sat there I had to (1.) Convince them they had already filled a tooth that had gotten done 3 months ago. Hello...do you not have my records? (2.) Try to figure out how the freak I'm going to pay for this. So obviously there was a cavity in my wisdom tooth, apparently this is a normal thing...because most people my age have already had them yanked out of their heads. But the few that hadn't seem to have this problem because it doesn't matter how many times a day you brush/floss/swish you are never going to get them as clean as the other teeth and the fact they do not have the sealant my other teeth have on them. So my dentist asked me what I could afford to do: A- Have them all yanked out or B- just have this one, and wait for the others to give me a problem. I, of course, had to go with option B because I'm poor. So instead of sending me to an oral surgeon she has referred me to another dentist who apparently can pull just one tooth. After she did this, she prescribed me Vicodin for the pain. Because when you have a cavity in your wisdom teeth, it is more painful. And I can honestly say, yes...it hurts like a bitch. So I made an appt with this other guy for today at 9am. And I filled my prescription and Tara took me to eat at Roxie's Diner because I didn't eat at all Monday night, or all day yesterday and I was , needless to say, starving. May I say that it is very difficult to eat mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and chicken and dumplings when your mouth feels like you could scratch it off and maybe it would help? The pain was so intense I was considering taking the knife in front of me and cutting it out myself. Tara finally talked me into just taking one of the Vicodin, and I was sort of scared to take anything like that. I had never taken any sort of narcotic before. (Hello, My name is Kim and I'm an over-analyzer) So after much coaxing, I finally took one. Holy crap man...that stuff was wonderful!!! Right before I completely passed out, I didn't feel any pain. So I doubt I will take another one until it is taken out, which will hopefully be today...if I'm lucky. So that I will be ok by my birthday Friday. If not I guess I will have to deal with the pain until they can. From just the appt yesterday I am broke. $52 I didn't have. Considering I do not get paid until Friday. My Mom, being the wonderful person she is, has offered to pay any upfront costs until I can pay it. So I guess this week is starting to go downhill...no matter how hard I'm trying to bring it back up. I just needs some prayers that I am going to be able to do this, and still able to pay my bills and live. Maybe if I'm lucky I can actually get where they will bill be instead of up front. I have no idea how much my insurance will cover...but this has to happen. Most dentists refuse to fill wisdom teeth. Thanks for reading my ramble...did I mention the Vicodin hasn't completely wore off yet?

Much Love,

Kim

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Oy that sucks. I'm sorry babe. I hope you're feeling better by Friday b/c I've decided that we're doing something in honor of your birthday so that you're not stuck at home like you apparently were last year!




http://lspoon.wordpress.com