10/28/07

Tara's Birthday Party

Yesterday was Tara's birthday! If I actually put her age down she may actually hurt me, so I will pretend like I don't know. Anyway, last year we started a tradition of having a Halloween themed birthday party for her. However this year we had just moved to the house, and then of course it rained...for nearly five days straight. Not that we didn't need it, Lord knows we did. But needless to say, I was seriously stressing this party. My mom came up with...why don't you just have it in the garage since it may still be wet and that way your house will not be a disaster area afterward. Great idea! So Tara and I worked our butts off and cleaned out the garage, cleaned chairs, cleaned tables, put up lights (so what if they were left over Christmas lights), and put up decorations all around and inside the garage, I cooked snacks and made punch. We were wiped by the time it was supposed to begin. Mim made an ice cream cake and her sister-in-law helped her make the puking pumpkin with a great touch of an arm holding the "hair" of the pumpkin.


Here are a few snapshots of the 'Garage of Terror'
Ok, so it wasn't really terrifying...give me a break it was a long day. Not as many people came as we were expecting, which disappointed me, Tara says she was ok with it...I still think it may have hurt her feelings. But close friends did come, and that's all that matters. :-) The best thing about this party was that we were dressing up. I love Halloween and even though I am too old to (obviously) trick or treat...damnit, I can dress up!

Tara's costume was by far the best. She looked awesome.





Dan, Sarah and Mim...







I like this picture of me and Greg...and no I was not an Arabian anything, I was actually a Renaissance Queen lol.





My mom made Tara a personal birthday cake and it was so cute. She is very talented...I still think she should open a specialty bakery...what do you think?




So all in all it worked out, OH I almost forgot...here are a few pics of Hailey and Woody in their costumes.


How cute are they? Hailey is the Witch and Woody is the Angel...he sort of broke the halo...but the wings were intact.

Well, I guess I will get my house back in order...Have a great Sunday!

Much Love,

Kim

2 comments:

Mim said...

Yay party! That was the best...until I got sick :(

cmrpaul said...

FUN!