10/30/07

Inside the mind of Kim...

I listened to a song that I refused to listen to for so long. It upsets me, it's by Third Eye Blind- How's it going to be. It reminds me of my past entirely too much. Something that I have worked so hard to evolve from. I'm nothing like the person I used to be. I was horrible, nasty, hateful and entirely too proud. I've tried for years to forget that person and once and awhile it still threatens to come back. It's like I suffer from D.I.D.,http://allpsych.com/journal/did.html, then again I think everyone in one way or another suffers from that. Now, before everyone thinks I'm Cybil and I have 16 personalities...I included the link above for a reason. Many people do not actually understand as much about psychology as they think they do. I do not necessarily mean that I have it, I'm referring to that disorder for the first definition: Dissociation -
A separation from the self, with the most severe resulting in Dissociative Identity Disorder. Most of us experience this in very mild forms such as when we are driving long distance and lose time or find ourselves day dreaming longer than we thought. 'Psychology Dictionary-Online- (Ohh have I mentioned how I still keep all my notes from college? Lol)
Anyway, I guess my point of all of this crap, is that no matter how much you have altered yourself, the past is what has made you into the person you are today. And instead of wallowing in the past and giving the whole 'woe is me' spill, learn from it. We all have had traumatic things in our lives, that have shaped and molded us into different people. Sometimes for the better, and sometimes for worse. The best thing to do is to pick yourself up off the floor, dust off your pants and live and learn. I wish someone would have given me that bit of advice about 5 years ago. When I thought my world had completely crashed down around me. And as much pain and strife I have negotiated through, I know that I've come out for the better. I'm happy with the person I am now. I love the people I have brought into my life and I know everyday is a new challenge and some how, I will change again from whatever experience I have from the day; whether it be good or bad. So, How's it going to be?

No comments: