9/19/07

Gurr!!

Ok, so, I know I promised to write about the weekend today...but other events have happened.

This morning, I go to start my car to let it warm up because it's cold outside (yay!!) and nothing happens...I mean not even the faint clicking noise of the battery dying. So after mumbling quite a few choice words I walk my happy (yeah right) cold butt back inside the house and scream for Tara to wake up. After trying many unsuccessful times to jump off my car, I call my boss and freak out...how the hell am I supposed to afford to get a battery right now? There's no way. I barely live on what I make now and T and I share a lot of each others financial problems when they may arise...however she doesn't get paid until...FRIDAY! So, I try calling my mom and step-dad multiple times, to no avail. And then at this point I start crying...not just a cry, but a bawl. If this week gets any worse, I'm going to seriously lose it. Between being sick, my Dad hurting my feelings yesterday (I'm not going into this, I really am washing my hands of it) and now THIS!! I can't take this anymore! *sighs* So anyway back to the story: So about 7ish I finally got in touch with my mom, and she tells me I can borrow it and blah blah blah, so right before we go to meet her at her house, Tara and I decide to try to start my car...one more time, ya know, for good luck and all. And then my neighbor, Dale, comes out. And we're about to have a 'Here's your sign' moment, and I see it coming. 'Got car trouble', said looking at my hood perched up as well as Tara's car hood up, 'uh, yes.' was my reply...though, as anyone who knows me probably knows other replies were going through my devious little brain. He reattaches the jumper cables and stands there pondering the cars...as if we do not know how to put the clips in the right areas or something, and suddenly he says to me 'let me start your car' so by all means please make a fool of me, I'd rather be a fool at this point than without a car. And the freaking car cranks, I shit you not, cranks...the FIRST FREAKING TIME. So I say my 'heartfelt' thank yous. And so, I get my mom's card, go to Advanced Auto and get my battery.

and may I just say "What a hell of a morning".


So tomorrow, I promise I will write about the past weekend...hell maybe tonight with the way my day is going. Lol.

Much Love,
Kim

3 comments:

Mim said...

Damn right, grr! I'm so sorry! I hope your day has gotten better.

Kim said...

Yes, it did finally round out. I could have pulled my hair out!

cmrpaul said...

Yikes! Glad it ended better than it started.